Wedel Holisticeuticals is a continuation of Georg W Wedel, M.D. (12 November 1645 – September 1721) research on plant secondary metabolites. Dr. Wedel was a German professor of surgery, botany, theoretical and practical medicine and chemistry. During his tenure he discovered a very special plant that had many medicinal qualities and was used successfully on a wide variety of diseases. The plant was named after him... called Wedelia...
There is quite a lot research today that substantiates his findings for a wide variety of cancers...
Please see our research on Wedelia
Wedel Research focuses on both Drug and Drug Delivery…
Oral drug delivery system has been area of interest for researcher and scientist to explore it to the extreme potential in drug delivery system in past few years. The researchers are focusing on this drug delivery because of ease of administration and comfort offered by this route to patient. Hence drug delivery can be achieved by incorporating non-free radical causing medicament in BIO-gum because the oral mucosa is highly vascular in nature resulting in rapid absorption of the drug into the systemic circulation.
Advantages of BIO-gum
Approximately 90% absorption of actives can be achieved with chicle gum base,
Compared to a 40% obtained with conventional gum base synthetic.
• Fast/rapid onset of action: - Chewing affects the gum mastication resulting in immediate release of active ingredient.
• High bioavailability: - Drug gets directly absorbed from the oral mucosa, preventing the degradation of drug from gastric pH of stomach.
• Pleasant taste: - Addition of sweetening agent and colouring agent enhances the organoleptic characteristic of the formulation.
• Easy for administration without water promotes higher patient compliance.
• Ready for use.
• High acceptance by children and for patients who find swallowing tablets difficult are obvious.
• Fewer side effects.
• Systemic effect.
• Local effect.
• Reduce dry mouth (xerostomia).
• Product distinctiveness from a marketing perspective.
• People find relaxation and comfort in the simple act of chewing gum.
• It relieves muscular and nervous tension.
• Ease to carry and transport.
• Lesser cost of manufacturing comparing to conventional DDS.
Health benefits of chewing gum
• Chewing gum improves memory.
• Chewing gum reduces symptoms of stress.
• Chewing gum helps to manage weight.
• Chewing gum improves digestion.
• Chewing gum improves oral health.
• Chewing gum improves oral Hygiene and prevent oral bad smell.
• Chewing gum helps in quitting smoking
WEDELIA… The New Chemo-Therapy?
“Homines plantis postulo, plantae non indigetis homines”
“Humans need plants, Plants do NOT need Humans”…